Friday, July 9, 2010

The customer is always right except when they're in a Pickle Barrel!

So I have to go to Yonge and Eglinton area for errands and appointments, lunch is approaching and I'm hungry. I really need some food...a big steak would be nice but whatever is offered at the local Pickle barrel would be fine and even more welcome in an air conditioned, quiet environment. A nice booth by the window watching all the hot sweater Toronto-ites rushing around aimlessly around the corner of Yonge and Eglinton getting no where! I stood by the entrance waiting to be served. The hostess looked at me vacantly like I wasn't there they finally asked for how many. I said one. She sort of smiled. Then this group of four, two women, a baby and a small child barged ahead. They're more important because they are more than one, I guess. Anyway, the hostess seated us....I got some crappy little table in the middle of the rushing chaos and the barging party of four got a nice table elsewhere. I then asked if I could have a seat by the window. Apparently, there is a minimum of two people to a booth. I said oh. Sat, then just walked out. Whatever happened to the customer is always right? Not at the Pickle Barrel. I guess the woman did me a favour. I then remembered about this really amazing pizza place at Yonge and Eglinton, Mondato, went there and sat where ever I liked. Don't waste your time at the Pickle Barrel. Go across the street for real pizza at Mondato.

No comments:

Post a Comment